Agro-Ecology Northwest (AENW) is a consultancy and research business that emphasizes best management practices for efficiency, productivity, multi-functional land use and environmental enhancement. We collaborate with agriculture projects that are involved in, or working toward, more sustainable practices.
Through AENW Jude works as a assessing agent for two eco-labeling organizations:
The focus of AENW is providing environmentally sound solutions for farmers and other landholders via whole systems design in the management of: soil, plants, livestock, integrated pest management, water harvesting and buffer zone enhancement. AENW is involved with education and research opportunities in agro-ecology, with special expertise in incorporating hedgerows into the landscape.
CLICK HERE for more information on how Landscape Design can benefit you.
Agro-Ecology Northwest provides expertise in the following areas:
FARM PLANNING AND SITE ASSESSMENT
• Comprehensive site analysis and needs assessment
• Design Master Plans for farms, homesteads, homes (urban/rural)
• Placement of elements for maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a multifunctional approach (water catchments, crops, structures, animals.
• Developing farm plans for land and water use law compliance
• Technical assistance for small and part-time start-up farmers
• Crop selection recommendations: vegetables, berries, nuts, orchards, forestry, hedgerows, cover crops and more
• Identifying income producing opportunities
• Working within budget and time allotted for maintenance
• Designs tailored for clients’ resources and skills
• Soil fertility and plant nutrition recommendations
• Water catchment options
• Livestock management systems
• Pest and disease monitoring and control recommendations
URBAN AND RURAL SERVICES
• Integrated pest management (IPM) programs for home, institutions, and farms
• Permaculture and edible landscape design
• Agro-forestry design including hedgerows and orchards
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
• Design and evaluations of research trials
• Writing grants and grant fulfillment
• Technical advising for on-farm research
• Agro-ecology based curriculum and workshops
Contact us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!