• Community activists, designers, homesteaders and anyone who wishes to share the knowledge of systems thinking and integrated self-reliant living strategies
• Professional teachers who wish to expand and fine-tune their Permaculture knowledge
• Permaculture Design Course Graduates
What will you learn?
• The awareness of how adults learn
• To assess your personal assets
• Tools to teach what you know
What you can expect from this course?
• Keeping participants engaged through changing the conventional paradigm of teaching
• Skill building with a focus on goals you wish to accomplish
• Enhancing your abilities toward critical thinking. Such as: What are your intentions and goals as an educator? How teaching serves you and others?
• Understanding how goal setting generates learning outcomes which evolves to content
• Community building: this includes transformational learning, the co-creativity model and more
• Teaching strategies
• Creating the awareness of teaching about design and the relevancy of practical design application
• Recognizing your learning styles and how this impacts your ways of teaching
• Applying documentation through note taking & journaling
• Building a vocabulary of learning modalities, such as: shifting from passive to active learning, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, Howard Gardner’s eight intelligence’s, transformational learning, and using resources from researchers who have articulated how people best learn.
• Observing how people best learn through their experiences with teaching styles
• Practicing the Art of Facilitation: From deep listening to timeliness to working with challenges in the educational setting
What are the course activities?
• Presenting at least three teaching modules as a way to practice and build self-confidence.
• Offer and receive supportive respectful critiques of these presentations, enhancing the opportunity to Adapt and Advance your skills with timing and delivery.
• Encouraging you to identify your unique personal teaching style(s), what is your ‘shtick’?
• Teach Pc Creatively by ‘edutainment’ (education and entertainment)
• Presenting a final group project to the public: An Introduction to Permaculture
What can you expect from the venue?
• Beautiful setting with multiple micro-climates
• Permaculture systems in place
• Three deliciously prepared, sourced from the land/local and organic meals a day
• Comfortable camping locations
Feel free to contact Jude with any questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org